Dr. Anna Klinkova
Dr. Jury Medvedev
Synthetic organic chemist, PhD from Saint Petersburg State University, Russia.
Dr. Rachelle Choueiri
Nanoscience and DFT calculations, PhD from University of Toronto; co-supervised with Prof. Leanne Chen, University of Guelph.
Dr. Gudmundur Johannesson
Environmental sustainability and life cycle analysis, co-supervised with Prof. Komal Habib, School of Environment, Enterprise and Development.
DFT, MD and multiphysics calculations, MSc from Jiliang University, China.
Nanomaterials synthesis, organic electrosynthesis, MSc from Saint Petersburg State University, Russia.
Sol-gel synthesis, electrocatalysis, and cell fabrication, BSc from Carleton University.
Metal nanoparticles synthesis and electrochemistry, 1st year Nanotechnology Engineering student.
Multiphysics simulations, 2nd year Nanotechnology Engineering student.
Please consult Guelph-Waterloo Centre for Graduate Work in Chemistry and Biochemistry (GWC)2 for information on requirements and applications process for MSc and PhD degrees in Chemistry and collaborative degrees in Chemistry and Nanotechnology. Note: current MSc funding in Klinkova lab is available for domestic MSc students only (i.e., citizens or permanent residents of Canada). International applicants with their own funding are welcome to apply.
UNDERGRADUATE/COOP STUDENTS: UW students interested in CHEM494 research project, coop term, or volunteering in Klinkova lab should send their CV, transcripts, and a statement of interest to Prof. Klinkova via email.
Prof. Klinkova welcomes qualified candidates to apply for NSERC PDF (only for Canadian citizens or permanent residents within 2 years from their PhD defense) or Banting PDF fellowship (open to all high-profile applicants within 3 years from their PhD defense) with the Klinkova lab. Interested candidates should send their CV, project proposal and names of three references to Prof. Klinkova; you will hear back only if your application is strong enough to be considered.
Former team members
- Dr. Giancarlo Lorena, postdoc, co-supervised with Prof. Goretty Dias (spring 2020)
- Aurora Torrijos, CHEM 494 research project student (winter 2020)
- Kshiti Patel, undergrad volunteer (winter 2020)
- Elena Smith, CHEM 494 research project student (2019-2020)
- Jordan Lau, CHEM 494 research project student (2019-2020)
- Yixiang Zhang, MASc student, co-supervised with Prof. Xianguo Li (2019-2020)
- Yulia Steksova, visiting PhD student, ITMO University (winter 2020)
- Alex Maokhamphiou, intern, National School of Chemistry of Mulhouse (summer 2019; now at Agfa)
- Marion Bassin, intern, National School of Chemistry of Mulhouse (summer 2019; now at Trinseo)
- Eugeniia Khairullina, visiting PhD student, Saint Petersburg State University (spring 2018, spring 2019)
- Thomas Zienchuk, CHEM 494 research project student (2018-2019)
- Dr. Ana Sousa, visiting postdoc, University of Vigo (summer 2018)
- Kseniia Mosina, visiting MSc student, ITMO University (summer 2018)
- Iana Iugai, visiting MSc student, ITMO University (summer 2018)
- Alexandra Vikyakina, visiting undergrad, Saint Petersburg State University (summer 2018)
- Jacob Rempel, coop student (spring 2018)
- Alexey Pogodaev, visiting undergrad, Saint Petersburg State University (spring 2018; now MSc student at Center for Optical and Laser Materials Research, SPSU)
- Amir Basiratnia, undergrad volunteer (spring 2018)
- Andre-Philippe Paradis, research assistant (spring 2018; now at Quadro Engineering Corp.)