Xenia received her M.Sc. degree in organic synthesis from Saint Petersburg State University in 2018. She joined the group in 2019 to pursue a Ph.D. in chemistry and nanotechnology, and her current research focuses on designing and synthesizing nanocatalysts for electrocarboxylation and other sustainable transformations. When not doing science, Xenia can be found drawing fanciful landscapes in pastel and acrylic.
Selected publications (*equal contribution):
- F. Li*, X. V. Medvedeva*, J. J. Medvedev, E. Khairullina, H. Engelhardt, S. Chandrasekar, Y. Guo, J. Jin, A. Lee, H. Thérien-Aubin, Y. Peng, A. Ahmed, A. Klinkova Interplay of Electrochemical and Electrical effects Induces Structural Transformations in Electrocatalysts, Nature Catal. 2021, in press
- J. J. Medvedev, X. V. Medvedeva, H. Engelhardt, A. Klinkova Relative Activity of Metal Cathodes towards Electroorganic Coupling of CO2 with Benzylic Halides, Electrochim. Acta, 2021, 387, 138528.
- X. V. Medvedeva, J. J. Medvedev, A. Klinkova Translating Tactics from Direct CO2 Electroreduction to Electroorganic Coupling Reactions with CO2, Adv. Energy Sustainability Res., 2021, 2, 202100001.
- J. J. Medvedev, Y. P. Steksova, X. V. Medvedeva, Y. Pivovarova, E. F. Krivoshapkina, A. Klinkova Synthesis of Dimeric Molecules via Ag-Catalyzed Electrochemical Homocoupling of Organic Bromides Paired with Electrooxidation of Urea, J. Electrochem. Soc., 2020, 167, 155521.
- X. V. Medvedeva, J. J. Medvedev, S. W. Tatarchuk, R. M. Choueiri, A. Klinkova Sustainable at Both Ends: Electrochemical CO2 Utilization Paired with Electrochemical Treatment of Nitrogeneous Waste, Green Chem., 2020, 22, 4456.
- J. J. Medvedev, X. V. Medvedeva, F. Li, T. A. Zienchuk, A. Klinkova Electrochemical CO2 Fixation to α-methylbenzyl bromide in Divided Cells with Non-Sacrificial Anodes and Aqueous Anolytes, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2019, 7, 19631.